With air travel industry developing at a faster pace than ever before, the aircraft aftermarket has attracted the attention of original equipment manufacturers or OEMs, which found new ways to meet growing demand for aircraft spare parts and components. As leading providers of aftermarket services in the aviation industry, OEMs have generated billions of dollars in revenue per year, over the past several years. To remain competitive maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) providers cultivate new ways to generate more profit. Read more
Free MRO Webinar: Used Serviceable Material Strategies – The Future of Cost Effectiveness
Thursday, May 28, 12pm CST
Why Attend our Webinar?
According to Oliver Wyman the used serviceable material strategies together with proprietary technologies are expected to revolutionize the entire MRO industry. Strategic sourcing combined with advanced technologies have already helped numerous airlines to increase the availability of used serviceable materials by 13 percent within one year. A recent survey of airlines indicated that 84 percent of the participants considered their approach to used serviceable materials as “active,” successfully embracing new serviceable material strategies to increase profit margins without additional costs. Read more
Though Microsoft Dynamics AX has been designed specifically for manufacturing and Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul (MRO) companies, advanced MRO softwaref functionality is sometimes needed to better support industry-specific operations. One of these solutions is the Work Order Quote Quick Create included in the ProMRO module, formerly referred to as Extended Project Manager (EPM). Built on top of Dynamics AX’s platform, the Work Order Quote Quick Create utilizes the technology already familiar to your staff, allowing them to develop work orders for small and large projects easily and quickly.
Improve Operational Performance with Project-Based Functionality
Managing complex work order data can be difficult, especially in a large MRO organization. To help MROs improve data accuracy, we came up with a simple yet ingenious MRO software solution that communicates with Dynamics AX in real time, facilitating accurate data flows throughout organizations. The Work Order Quote Quick Create allows MROs to:
- Eliminate errors – Fully integrated with Dynamics AX, the Work Order Quote Quick Create ensures data accuracy by requiring users to fill in detailed information about projects, including project IDs, specifications, quotes, estimates, and even customer information. This will prevent users from creating projects that lack the information needed to obtain the desired outcomes. Then, the application will automatically transfer data from the top floor to the shop floor, eliminating the errors usually found in manual input systems. By using a special form to add detailed, accurate information to each project, you will benefit from improved inventory management, precise maintenance/repair schedules that will result in less downtime and more productivity, extensive data analysis, and comprehensive reporting capabilities, which will increase the overall efficiency.
- Create new projects easily – The Work Order Quote Quick Create enables users to develop new projects by copying and pasting service profiles. This feature is extremely useful when creating large projects, which are either identical or similar to previous jobs. In addition, you can sort service profiles by service code and equipment type, which will allow you to streamline the process of finding certain work orders, projects, tasks, etc.
- Save time – Extending the functionality of Microsoft Dynamics AX, this MRO software solution automatically updates estimates, quotes, and timelines when new project data is entered. Since all the elements of a project are tightly linked and interrelated with each other, any authorized modification will affect the other components. For instance, when a project is modified, the system will automatically update work orders, recalculating costs, quotes, and invoices. This will help eliminate manual data entries later on, which not only saves time but also ensures greater data accuracy. With the Work Order Quote Quick Create, users can include new data or update existing information relating to equipment, parts, teams, budgets, work orders, etc.
- Increase productivity – Depending on your internal maintenance, repair, and overhaul operations, you can use the Work Order Quote to associate projects with specific work orders, equipment, parts, and contracts. Since your employees will be able to access all the data they need to do their jobs proficiently through a single application, they’ll be more productive than before.
Additional features include Reporting, which can be used to capture, edit, and handle reports relating to labor, time frames, estimates, costs, etc.; Quick Invoice, which allows users to create invoices “on the fly”, check payment details, outstanding balance, etc.; and Quick Credit, which provides advanced credit control functionality.
Delivering a multitude of capabilities at your fingertips, the Work Order Quote Quick Create integrated with Dynamics AX allows you to automate common or repetitive tasks and manage a wide variety of projects with just a few clicks.
Clients First has developed and implemented the ProMRO module for Dynamics AX. The module is specifically tailored for Manufacturing, Repair and Overhaul industry and includes project phases that can be pre-defined and then built on the fly with each newly quoted job.
The benefits of the ProMRO module include improved efficiency, cost savings, standardization and predictability across multiple departments. The ProMRO module makes your MRO business run leaner and be more competitive.
One of the capabilities of the ProMRO module is the ability to create Service Profiles.
Service Profiles eliminate pressure and guesswork from the project administrator as they contain all the details about the service in a ready-to-use template. This helps to ensure consistency across all projects.
How to Create a Service Profile
To create a Service Profile in Dynamics AX, navigate to the Common Forms screen and click SVC Profile Details. The Service Profile form will be displayed.
On the top half of the Service Profile screen, you will see the list of forms on your instance of Dynamics AX under the Overview tab. The Overview tab provides a quick summary of a profile’s elements including the service ID, estimate center, service code, description, extended description, status, manufacturer, etc.
The bottom half of the screen allows you to view the Service Profiles and filter on five options, i.e. All, Free, Hour, Expense and Item. Here is an overview of what the options provide:
- All – Shows all available Service Profile forms on your Dynamics AX instance
- Fee – Allows you to make changes to prices for quoting purposes
- Hour- Allows you to make changes for time spent on equipment
- Expense – Allows you to change time expenses
- Item – Allows calculation of cost and sale prices of items
Clicking on an entry on the Service Profile form makes it editable. You can make any price or product changes by selecting the entry you wish to edit to make it editable, and entering the new value you prefer.
Creating Service Profiles Based on Templates
The ProMRO module allows you to copy an existing Service Profile and make a new one based on it. Follow the steps below to create a new select Service Profile based on an existing one:
- i) Select the Service Profile you want to use as a template from the list of forms
- ii) Navigate to the left of the ProMRO module and select the Copy button
iii) Select Copy and Create New Profile from the side slide display
- iv) A new Service Profile form that is based on the one you had initially selected will be created and listed on the form list
Using the Recalculate Function for Service Profiles
Sometimes, you may need to recalculate the values in your Service Profile forms after editing an existing form or creating a new one based on an existing template. To get the required values for your new Service Profile form, make all the value changes you want.
When finished, click the Function button on the left of the ProMRO module and select SVC Profile Recalculation option from the slide display. A pop up box showing the identification details of the Service Profile whose values you wish to recalculate will be displayed. Click the OK button to start recalculation.
You can also make changes on the quote line items of the Service Profile form you are working on. To do this, you will be working on the tabs under the TypeFilter, which is at the bottom half of the screen. Select the Quote tab and click the Tools icon on the left of the module. The Line No. and Quote Description area will be displayed. Edit the quote description and click the Save icon on the main menu of the Service Profile forms page. Your new description will be applied to the Service Profile you were editing.
You can also change the status of the Service Profile to either Under Development, Not Certified, Awaiting Approval, Obsolete or Certified. To change the status, select the Service Profile you are editing, click the Status button on the left of the module and select the appropriate status from the slide display box.