The cloud is nothing new, but as the market matures for cloud applications, companies in traditional, conservative industries are jumping on board.
In our last blog, we found that more “leaders” (top 35% of manufacturing organizations), were more than three times as likely to utilize cloud ERP for its ability to provide easy updates, increase agility, and enhance visibility for companies using this deployment method. Today, we would like to look at another key factor in the decision-making process, discussing just how much money the cloud is worth to organizations.
Calculating the Monetary Value of Cloud ERP
IDC recently investigated the benefits of the cloud for growing businesses, defining the benefits of the cloud, the reasons more and more companies are making the move, and the best practices for transitioning from on-premises to the cloud. The entire IDC DataBrief, True Cloud Applications for Agile and Fast Growing Businesses, provides a new look into the way manufacturers are embracing cloud applications.
Reasons for Moving to the Cloud
Through adaptability, integration, and customization at lower costs—both at the outset and during the life of the product—companies are seeing immense value. Especially in the modern manufacturing environment, where manufacturers need to become more agile, gain more visibility, and control margins like never before, cloud applications are making a name for themselves.
Where the Money is Coming From
When considering cloud applications, it’s important to follow the money in order to find the value. The research found that there are two specific places in which the cloud cuts costs and offers value:
- Reduced Consulting, Implementation, and Deployment Costs: With faster implementations and easier deployments, cloud applications provide affordable
- Reduced Reliance on Support Personnel: Freeing up your IT team is another benefit of cloud computing, allowing them the ability to refocus on improving IT infrastructure and spend less time on making necessary, laborious fixes.
- Controlling the Complexity: Cloud applications are much easier to integrate, add modules, and upgrade, allowing manufacturers to rein in data to make better decisions faster.
Beyond this, manufacturers can recognize benefits such as automatic push updates, reducing the downtime spent applying patches and hotfixes. With this in mind, companies using the cloud will always be on the latest version of a software, streamlining the support process.
Download the Entire Cloud Report
The entire IDC Report, True Cloud Applications for Agile and Fast Growing Businesses shares why organizations found that cloud applications were right for their businesses. You will learn:
- How using cloud solutions can help you grow net revenue
- Which five lines of business can benefit most from cloud technology
- Why 7% of SMBs agree that the benefits of the cloud outweigh any potential security risks
- Why the cloud isn’t just for early adopters anymore
- Six proven tips for planning your path to the cloud
Download this eBook now to learn more.
Clients First implements and supports Acumatica clients across the U.S.A. and in 11 countries. Contact our sales team today by calling 800.331.8382 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.